Knowing there’s nothing quite like a best-of-the-year list to sum up the best of the best, we will feature three distinct groups for all of our top 2012 selections: wines for $15 or less, premium bottling from $15 to $30/bottle and, finally, the very best above $30. This is our special best-of-the-year roundup. While all of the wines featured are highly rated by our C&F team, in selecting this group, we consider many factors, including the wine’s quality-to-price ratio, drinkability, availability and uniqueness. We also strive to provide as diverse a list as possible, reflecting the range of styles, varieties and regions we’ve been most impressed over the past 12 months. The result is a list of wines that should not be missed, and wineries to definitely keep on your radar in the years ahead.
Guest Speaker: Tanzer Tok
Tanzer has more than fourteen years of experience in the foodservice industry. He started his career with his studies in Switzerland and has worked in several hotels in managerial positions to expand his knowledge in foodservice operations and design. Tanzer has been heavily involved in the execution of projects ranging from large hospitality chains to individual restaurants. He has specialized in hotel, university and laundry operations as well as design requirements. He is now an integral part of the Cork & Fork team of wine consultants, leading the weekend public tastings at the MD store and assisting with the weekly wine events at the DC location.
- Requirements: just complete the form below
- Prize: a complementary wine education class for 2 on Thursday, January 24 from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Cork & Fork at 1522 14th St. NW in DC (not transferable)
- Deadline to enter: Monday, January 21 by 5 p.m.
- Winners will be announced on this blog on Tuesday, January 22
- For an additional chance to win, like me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and let me know that you did so in the comment box below (please indicate the name you used to register for this giveaway). If you already liked my page on Facebook or follow me on Twitter, please just let me know in the comment box below and I'll put you in for a second entry.
*Please note that the distributor will not know whether any of the wines are vegan or not.