Just tonight, I was making a recipe that called for 6 ounces of pasta. Most boxes of pasta are 8 ounces. With my new food scale, I was able to measure out 6 ounces and use the correct amount of pasta. They also say it can be helpful to those on diets for which you are required to measure out portions. The possibilities are endless.
OXO began with a few simple questions - Why do ordinary kitchen tools hurt your hands? Why can't there be wonderfully comfortable tools that are easy to use?
After hundreds of models, dozens of design iterations, and extensive research, OXO was born. In 1990, the first group of 15 OXO Good Grips kitchen tools was introduced to the U.S. market. These ergonomically-designed, transgenerational tools set a new standard for the industry and raised the bar of consumer expectation for comfort and performance. Today, OXO offers over 850 products covering many areas of the home.
About the 5 lb. Food Scale
OXO’s user-friendly Food Scale with Pull-Out Display is perfect for weighing all ingredients. Weigh items directly on the platform, on a plate or in a bowl, and pull the display away from the base to prevent shadowing from large plates and bowls. Accurately measure ingredients when cooking and baking or stick to a diet by weighing portions. A weight indicator shows the capacity left on the Scale before maximum capacity is reached. Press the zero button to offset the weight of a container or to set the weight back to zero so you can add additional ingredients. The display features large, easy-to-read numbers which measure in 1/8-ounce (imperial) and 1-gram (metric) increments. The plastic platform can be removed for cleaning. The Scale has a 5-pound capacity and two AAA batteries are included.
Disclosure: In accordance with the OXO Blogger Outreach Program, I received these scales for free.
The OXO Giveaway Summary
- Prize: 1 OXO Good Grips 5 lb. Food Scale with Pull-Out Display
- Deadline: Friday, May 11, 2012 — 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern time
- Eligibility: Contest open to residents of the US only.
- The winner will be announced on this blog on Monday, May 14, 2012.
- Entry: you may enter up to two times.
- To enter the first time, please complete the form below.
- To enter the second time, just do one of the following: click the Facebook "like" button on the right-hand side of the blog, follow me on Twitter @veraciousvegan, OR click the Google Friend Connect at the bottom of my page. Once you "like" my page or become a follower of my page, just let me know by leaving a comment on this post. Please note: If you have already done one of these two things in the past, then just leave a comment to let me know.