Pasta with Pesto
Serves 4 to 6
- 4 cups densely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp brown rice miso
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp vitamin C powder (I did not use this)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound rotini or fusilli, cooked
In a food processor, place the basil, pine nuts, olive oil, miso, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic, vitamin C, and pepper and process. Do not overprocess as you want it to be slightly chunky.
Stir the pesto into the hot pasta and serve.