Arugula and Potato Salad
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 Tbsp Basic Aioli plus another 3 Tbsp Vegenaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp capers, strained
- 1 Tbsp minced chives or green onion
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tarragon, coarsely chopped
- Approx. 12 new red potatoes
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Boil water in stockpot. Add potatoes and cook approximately 20 minutes until they are tender when pierced with a fork, but still maintain their shape. Drain and let cool about 20 minutes. Cut the potatoes in halves or quarters.
Mix the Basic Aioli recipe in a bowl with more lemon zest, capers, chives, and tarragon. Toss the aioli mixture with the potatoes and set aside.
In another bowl, combine the watercress and Dijon Vinaigrette. Toss gently.
Place a portion of the potato salad in the center of the plate and top with a handful of the arugula. Top with bell pepper slices. Finish with freshly ground black pepper and serve.