Fully Loaded Yams
- 2 large yams
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 heaping Tbsp miso paste (I used brown rice miso)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 1 tsp chunk peeled ginger
Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F. Wash and scrub the yams, then slice them in half lengthwise and bake with the cut-side down for 45 to 60 minutes, or until they are bubbling and tender all the way through (test with a fork). Mash a little space into each of them so you have a place to put the toppings.
To make the gravy, blend all the ingredients until smooth. If it's too thin, add more tahini. If it's too thick, add more water or apple cider vinegar.
Top off yams with the beans, green onions, and cabbage, then drizzle with gravy.