- 3 cups mushrooms, chopped small (I used portobello)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, minced
- 1 medium carrot, minced or shredded
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 veggie bouillon cube or 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup minced kale
- Toasted buns or baked potatoes to serve
- Optional: Avocado, spinach, and seasoned salt for fun
In a soup pot on medium heat, stir the mushrooms until they start to release their liquid. Add the garlic, pepper, and carrot. Cook for about 5 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients except for the kale, stir, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the quinoa is tender.
Stir in the kale and serve over toasted buns or baked potatoes. Add spinach to the bottom, avocado on top, and seasoned salt for more oomph.