Garden Lasagna with Cashew-Pine Nut Ricotta
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 1/2 cups sliced portobello mushrooms (or king oyster, chanterelles, baby portobellos, or porcini)
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 round zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup Cashew-Pine Nut Ricotta
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes tossed with one clove garlic, minced, and 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 cup Olive Tapenade
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh oregano (optional)
Marinate the mushrooms in tamari and olive oil for about 15 minutes to soften, turning several times. Strain the mushrooms and set aside.
Build the lasagna layers on large plates for individual portions in the following order: sliced zucchini, Cashew-Pine Nut Ricotta, tomato mixture, sliced tomato, marinated mushrooms, sliced zucchini, Olive Tapenade, sliced tomato. Finish with a small spoonful of Cashew-Pine Nut Ricotta.
Garnish with freshly ground black pepper and fresh oregano, if you like. If nothing else, it certainly looks beautiful!