Note: you need a pressure cooker to make this dish.
Chik'n Lentil Noodle Soup
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cups green beans (fresh or frozen), snapped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tsp vegan chicken-flavored seasoning (I used Simply Organic poultry seasoning)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1 cup dried brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces soba noodles
- 4 cups vegetable or no-chicken broth
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups water
In an uncovered pressure cooker, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the garlic, onions, green beans, carrots, and celery and saute for about 3 minutes. Add the chicken-flavored seasoning, bay leaf, and sage and saute for another 2 minutes. Add the lentils, noodles, broth, and water. Stir to combine.
Cover and bring to pressure. Cook at high pressure for 8 minutes. Use a quick release.
Sample both the lentils and noodles. If they are not cooked through, simmer on low in the uncovered pressure cooker until done, adding more water if necessary. Remove the bay leaf before serving.