Black Bean Soup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds and ribs removed, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp applewood smoked sea salt + more to taste
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 4 cups water
- 6 cups black beans, cooked (2 cups dry)
- Black pepper to taste
- Cashew sauce
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
Heat a large stockpot to medium, add coconut oil, red bell pepper, and onion, and saute for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, lime juice, spices (cumin, smoked sea salt, coriander, and chipotle pepper), and cilantro leaves and stir together for 3 minutes.
Now add water and cooked beans and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer together for about 20 minutes.
Take half of your soup and puree it in the blender. Fold back into remaining soup mixture.
Season with smoked sea salt and pepper to taste. Topped with cashew sauce and fresh cilantro.