Blueberry Buckwheat Energy Bars
Makes 8 bars
- 1 cup pitted and soaked Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup whole raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup unhulled hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup vanilla-flavor Vega Performance Protein
- 1 Tbsp coconut palm sugar
- Sea salt
- 1/2 cup sprouted or cooked buckwheat
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
In a food processor, combine the dates, blueberries, walnuts, flaxseed, hemp seeds, protein powder, palm sugar, and salt to taste. Process until desired texture is reached The less you process, the crunchier the bar will be.
Transfer the mixture to a bowl and knead in the buckwheat, chopped walnuts, and blueberries with your hands.
Press into a baking dish lined with parchment paper, refrigerate for 5 hours, and slice into bars.