While taking in the fresh breeze, we were confronted with the decision to order one mimosa or the bottomless. Hell, we decided to get the bottomless this time. The mimosas are made with guava juice instead of orange juice, which gives them a sweetness that works perfectly with the sparkling wine. So much better than a traditional mimosa!
The menu changes seasonally, but the brunch items looked similar to the ones I saw many months ago. The vegan choices include a wrap, taco platter, and big salads.
Since I'd already tried the wrap (and loved it!), I went with the Sun Salutation Taco Platter. The soft tacos were loaded with tofu scramble, mixed greens, black beans, corn, and a spicy sauce. They were great. They were served with smash browns - potatoes fried perfectly. I was a happy camper.
My friend ordered the Scrambled Tofu Mad Wrap, which was very similar to my dish, but in a wrap with kale and sunflower seeds.
On another visit, I ordered the Vegan Thukpa noodle bowl for dinner and absolutely loved it as well. It was a hearty bowl filled with tofu and noodles along with kale, carrots, and zucchini in a smoky soy marinade. Although they no longer offer this specific Thukpa bowl, they offer another one that looks just as delightful.
Other vegan dishes available for dinner include the Compassionate Vegan Momos and Vegan Tacos with tater tots. There are also Mezze dips with pita points including housemade hummus, baba ganoush, and Himalayan style dal.
Hungry yet? Good. Because I'm giving away a $50 credit for Mad Momos AGAIN! Don't love me, love the owner of mad momos who is incredibly generous. Just enter for a chance to win below. Good luck!
- Requirements: just complete the form and correctly answer the question below
- Prize: a $50 credit for mad momos at 3605 14th Street NW in DC
- Restrictions: Must be fully redeemed in one visit; Must be used by December 11, 2013.
- Deadline to enter: Friday, September 6 by 7 p.m. EST
- Winners will be announced on this blog on Wednesday, September 11
- For an additional chance to win, like me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and let me know that you did so in the comment box below (please indicate the name you used to register for this giveaway). If you already liked my page on Facebook or follow me on Twitter, please just let me know in the comment box below and I'll put you in for a second entry.
3605 14th Street NW
Washington, DC 20010