- 1 T sesame, grapeseed or other neutral oil
- 1 T minced ginger
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons minced hot pepper (I used habanero bc I like it hot!)
- 4-5 medium Asian, or other eggplant, to equal about 1.5 pounds, cut on the diagonal into pieces about 1.5 inches long and 3⁄4 inch wide
- 1 teaspoon chile, or black bean, paste with garlic (I used Kikkoman black bean sauce w/garlic)
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons Sucanat or other sweetener (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1-2 green onions, cut thinly on the diagonal
Start by heating the oil in the pressure cooker over medium heat. Then, add the ginger and hot pepper and saute for 1 minute. Add the garlic and eggplant and saute for 2 minutes. Then, add the black bean paste, tamari, Sucanat, and broth and stir.
Lock the lid and turn the heat to high to bring it to high pressure. Then, lower the heat to maintain high pressure for 3 minutes. Use the quick release to release the pressure. Remove the lid by carefully by tilting it away from you. Stir in the green onion. Serve over rice - I like short grain brown rice.
And, that's it, a delicious meal in no time!