How did I survive? Just to be safe, I brought a ton of food! I thought it would be helpful to share some tips.
First, I rented a villa. That's a house with a kitchen. That way if there weren't any restaurants to eat at, I could make my own food. Second, I contacted the local chef beforehand to let him know there'd be a vegan staying there for a week. As a result, he had bought Field Roast sausages, Hilary's burgers, vegan cheese, and more and was ready to cook when I arrived!
What kind of food did I bring? Here's some ideas of stuff you could bring while traveling.
- Purely Elizabeth cereal with almond milk
- Raw Revolution bars with almond butter
- Almond butter (good protein)
- Trail mix
- Mary's Gone Crackers pretzels
- Go Macro protein bars
- Dried mango
- Tastybite Indian Meals: ready to eat out of the pouch
- Instant oatmeal
- Whole wheat pasta
- Fig Food Co. soups: ready to eat out of pouch, but better when warm
- Daiya cheesy mac (not that great)
- Modern Table pasta meal
- Lots of fresh veggies to make fajitas with salsa and tortillas
And on that, I survived. It was a great trip. Don't get stuck overseas without back-up food. As long as you have bars and trail mix, you'll survive!!