First and foremost, you'll have food vendors that will allow you sample all the delicious vegan food you desire. Companies such as Craft Kombucha, DC Vegan Catering, Kate Bakes, Better Bean, Undone Chocolate, Tofurky, and Daiya. I attended the Media Preview this week and got a wonderful preview of what's to come!
There are restaurant vendors too like Equinox, Busboys, Better Batch, Vegan Treats, Sticky Fingers, and Vegetable Garden.
The speaker lineup, however, is by far the most impressive of all. It includes:
- David Carter: The 300-pound vegan, NFL Player
- Richard Landau & Kate Jacoby: Vedge cooking demo
- DJ Cavem & Alkemia Earth: Culinary Concert
- Jane Velez-Mitchell: JaneUnchained.com, emcee
- Gene Baur: Living the Farm Sanctuary Life
- Rich Roll & Julie Piatt: cooking demo
- Dr. Aysha Akhtar: Animals and Public Health
|Rich Landau, Kate Jacoby, and me|
There will be more than 125 exhibitors, partners, and sponsors including compassionate companies and non-profits!
This FREE outdoor event will be held at Yards Park at the corner of N & 1st Streets SE on Saturday, October 3. And if you are in the market for a new companion animal, check out the animals the Washington Humane Society will have for adoption. There is even a kid's area for the children. Just be sure to get there early. The line for the awesome bags starts hours before the festival opens. See you there!